Friday, August 24, 2007

still puking

I'm still sick, Frederic is still having to do everything around the house and work, and Benjamin is still cute. The renovations are at a stand-still because Frederic doesn't have time to work on them at the moment. Frederic also pulled a muscle in his back at work a few days ago so was off for 4 days -- too bad that 3 of those days were his normal days off anyway!

My mom is arriving tomorrow for 2 weeks to take care of Benjamin and the house so that I can rest up and Frederic can work on the renovations.

I saw the GP yesterday; he gave me some medicine but so far it's not working, maybe tomorrow.
Oh, and everything you read about having beautiful, luxuriant hair during pregnancy? It's not true. My hair is falling out by the handful.

I thought I didn't have any Benjamin pictures to post for you... I was right. We need to buy new batteries for our camera; they've been recharged for 2 years and won't keep their charge anymore. And I'm a little busy throwing up to take many pictures at the moment. I do have an extremely short, poor quality and soundless video of him dancing for you, though. I guess he got his parents' sense of rhythm, poor kid. We should send him to spend more time with his dancing Creole relatives.




And I can tell you that he knows the Sesame Street Video "Learning About Letters" almost by heart now, and can say "bah-bo" (apple), "nana" (banana), "loons" (balloons), and for some reason says "Daddy" every time Cookie Monster shows up on the screen to sing "C is for Cookie." Not sure where that came from!

He can point to his nose, his ear, his mouth, his teeth, his head, his arm and his feet... he's not too sure where his eyes are, though. One of his favorite books is about a baby who can't find his nose, and finally finds it when he looks in the mirror at the end of the book.

3 comments:

Jesse said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! And as a proud member of the Puke Club 4 times over, I say welcome back. Mine was the worst with Josie, they say girls are worse, it was true with me! Enjoy your Mom's visit! Rest! I'll be praying for you guys! Congrats again!!!!

Jordan said...

Haha, "Daddy" must be giving him cookies to eat when mommy's not looking.

Just wait til Uncle Jordan sees him again. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey Alisa! It's Sharon Hamilton here! I stayed with you and Frederic back in 2003 when I was living in Paris. You are both the sweetest, most generous people and I am SO happy to see pictures of your new place and your GORGEOUS boy! He is adorable!!! And how exciting to have another one on the way (aside from the puking, obviously). ;-)

Anyway, I'm enjoying keeping up with you on your blog! Email me sometime and catch me up on your news and how things are going in Paris--- sharonmhamilton99@hotmail.com

Love you guys!