Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year

We celebrated New Year's Eve like we celebrated Christmas Eve - just the two of us (Benjamin still goes to bed very early), a nice dinner, and in bed well before midnight.


One more reason to love living out in a little village: the neighbors aren't up making noise til the wee hours like they were when we lived in the suburbs of Paris. Since Frederic often has to get up at 3 or 4 am for work, and New Year's Day is no exception, being able to sleep in peace and quiet is very much appreciated!


In other news:

Benjamin has been enjoying playing with his new toys that he got for Christmas. I'm still hoping that someday soon he'll like playing quietly in my office for extended periods of time so I can get more work done... but I know how realistic that hope is!


Benjamin with one of his Christmas presents

 


More other news:

I'm now 30 weeks pregnant, only 10 weeks (or less!) to go. My maternity leave should start around February 19th. Even though I am self-employed, I get 2 months' paid maternity leave. Since I work from home, and set my own hours, working isn't really a hardship anyway. My next doctor's appointment is next Wednesday. I will have a third ultrasound sometime at the end of January, and I am not yet sure when my doctor will set a date for the c-section.


We still have quite a number of things on our "to do" list before mid-March, but Frederic has a few weeks vacation in January (and some more in March, plus paternity leave) so we hope to finish up the most urgent things then.

1 comment:

Dan, Kellie & Kiddos said...

We were asleep before mid-night too! If I was 30 weeks prego - I don't think I'd intentionally attemp it - I was awake enough at night on my own!

I can't believe Benjamin is 2 - what a big boy!