Friday, February 1, 2008

assorted news from this past week

We went to Germany Monday through Thursday of this week to visit our friends and their 2 kids and Great Dane. We had visited them in October, and Benjamin spent most of the trip hiding in corners from the Great Dane. This time, while he wasn't completely at ease yet, he didn't run and hide EVERY time he saw the dog, and he played a little bit more with the other kids.

Today I had what is hopefully my second-to-last lab visit for toxoplasmosis screening, and this afternoon we had our third and final ultrasound. This baby is measuring a little bit smaller than Benjamin at the same gestational age; only 5 lbs compared to Benjamin's 5.5 lbs at this point. He has a large head and large stomach just like Benjamin did - I'm guessing that comes from Frederic's side of the family. ;)

Frederic's dad watched Benjamin for us during the ultrasound, and Benjamin was very excited to see his "Papy." We all had lunch at our favorite Chinese place beforehand.

I see my doctor again on Wednesday and I'm hoping that she will give me a c-section date at that point. We should start thinking about names a little more seriously now, we don't have that much longer...

Tomorrow we are going to have lunch with Frederic's cousins Nathalie & Méda and their daughter Nina, and then have dinner with his cousins Christian & Sheila.

Frederic is still on vacation this week and I'm still hoping that some progress will be made on the bathroom before he goes back to work. We should have our first guest in the new guest room in 2 weeks when my former coworker Delphine comes for a weekend, so it would be nice to have it done by then.

One of Benjamin's favorite things to do these days is wear Frederic's or my shoes around the house. Here he is modeling some of mine (on the wrong feet). (In the background, the hallway that also needs primed and painted, and the bathroom that needs finished!)

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Caden used to like wearing our shoes, too -- probably right about this age.

You guys sound busy!! I'm glad the pregnancy is going well -- healthy babies are such a blessing.

I saw Alexa Pippin randomly last Sunday -- she was meeting a friend in Columbia and showed up at our church!

Jesse said...

I can't wait to hear the names you guys like, are you going to tell us or do we have to wait?! Take care of yourself!