Monday, March 31, 2008

What a cutie!

If I do say so myself!

We went to church for the first time yesterday since Noah was born. Everyone oohed and ahhed over him, and especially over his size (8 lbs, 8 oz at birth, and I love to add "and he was 2 weeks early!" just for the extra gasp factor. I could say 3 weeks early, based on the due date my doctor gave me, but that would have meant a 41+ week pregnancy, so I stick with 2 weeks early based on a regular, 40-week pregnancy. An 8 lb, 8 oz baby may not sound that big these days, but when the mother is only 4'9" tall it's a tad surprising).

It's pretty funny that the people at church ended up being right... About a week before Noah arrived, several of the ladies at church told me I'd never make it the 2 more weeks until my c-section date. I just laughed it off since I was about as huge as I had been with Benjamin, and made it to my c-section date of 39 weeks and 4 days with him. Little did I know that Noah would be less patient!

We also got the obligatory: "2 boys! Now you need a girl!" comments and some even said we needed 2 more kids, period. No more kids are in the plans at the moment, though, especially after my doctor said that if I had a third, it would need to be born earlier. Earlier than 38 weeks... not terribly tempting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of the physicians I used to work with at SLU said that these days, 36 weeks is term for all intents and purposes: A kid born that early has no reason to have any medical problems.

So the way is clear to have a third! :)

Tiffany said...

He's beautiful, and I love that blanket!

Alisa said...

Hm, did I also mention the months of vomiting, not being able to move from the couch, and the pain from ever trying to move at all? Those are more reasons to stop with 2!

Jesse said...

Your boys are beautiful! You have done well! Enjoy them everyday.