Thursday, March 4, 2010

"I will, I will!"

At almost 2, Noah is becoming an avid reader. He of course copies everything Benjamin does, so a while back when he realized Benjamin always went to pick out a book before bed, he started doing so also. If we say it is bedtime, he runs to the living room saying, "Get book! Get book!"

When he goes down for a nap or bedtime, we read him his chosen book, and then he says, "Read self!" and reads it again in his crib. Sometimes he will tell us he's done; sometimes we have to pry it out of his hands so he will go to sleep.

Today when I put him down for his nap, he was reading "train book" (any Thomas the Train book will fit the bill when he asks for a "train book," he's not particular). I was doing other things upstairs and heard him reading to himself:
- Catch me! Catch me! Go, go! I will, I will!

These are lines from one of his Thomas books. Not the one he was reading, but close enough, right?

Belgian comic book Tintin is also a favorite of both boys. Frédéric has a collection of these and reads them a few pages before they go to bed. I understand neither the appeal nor how to read a comic book aloud, so these remain firmly in Frédéric's domain.

No comments: