Saturday, December 22, 2012

The Goose is Getting Fat

Last week I had a moment of panic when I realized I hadn't made anything for the boys' Christmas party at school. After mixing some butter and sugar together to start a cake, it dawned on me that it wasn't that week, it was this week. Ah well... I finished the cake and popped it in the freezer, so only had to thaw it out and frost it yesterday. 

However, I then had another "eek!" moment yesterday when I remembered I hadn't done anything about teacher Christmas presents. So this morning I made some chocolate cookies, and at lunchtime (this is when that coming-home-for-lunch thing comes in handy) the boys made cards for their teachers. Benjamin made an "aquarium" on one side and Christmas tree on the other, with a sweet note to his teacher.



I don't think they sing that song about "Christmas is coming, the goose is getting fat" at their school party. Not really sure what they did, other than eat - the plate we sent back back totally empty and washed, which I guess is a good sign. 

Despite the party, both of them came out of school in kind of crummy moods. Which led to this conversation:

Me, to Benjamin: Hey. Tomorrow, be nice. Because Santa Claus is watching, and he doesn't bring presents to kids who aren't nice.
Benjamin: Hm. How does he watch?
Me: How do you think?
Benjamin: I think Santa Claus. Doesn't. Exist. Because you put the presents. 

Somehow I don't think that Elf thing that is so popular would work in our house.

No comments: