Thursday, January 25, 2018

Conversations

Dinner conversation:

Benjamin: Time goes by so fast... soon I will be living my solitary life. I might have to eat tartiflette every night [the only dish he knows how to make].
Noah: You can invite me over, I will bake cakes for you.
Benjamin: I don't want to eat only cake.
Noah: I can make you eggs!
Benjamin: I need a balanced diet...


Moral of the story: I think we better step up the cooking lessons so our kids can move out some day.


 *  *  *  *  *  *

On our way to the swimming pool, after having been out of town for almost a week...

Benjamin: Since I was gone, I missed the history test.
Me: Well, that's ok. You can talk to your teacher about history at swim practice. 'Hey, Mr X, how 'bout those Romans?'
Benjamin: Yeah, they were pretty smart, but now they're extinct.
Noah: They stink?
Benjamin: Yeah. But they smell a heck of a lot better than antelopes!

No comments: