Thursday, September 12, 2019

Bilingual Monkeys and Franco-American Museum

In September, we had the great fortune to welcome Adam Beck, of the website Bilingual Monkeys, to our house for a short stay during his trip through Europe as he works on his next book, based on interviews with bilingual families.

Adam and I met online a few years ago through his website, and have stayed in touch. I had the pleasure of reading early copies of his first three books, Maximize Your Child's Bilingual Ability, a helpful guide for parents with practical advice, How I Lost My Ear, a hilarious novel for children (or adults!), and I Want to Be Bilingual, a cute, fun book for new bilingual parents about the advantages of raising a bilingual child - from the baby's point of view.

The boys were in school during his visit, and Frédéric was at work, so Adam and I visited the Franco American Museum in Blérancourt, which re-opened in 2017 after extensive renovations. The castle, built in the early 1600s, was later used by Anne Morgan and the CARD volunteers to help the French during and after World War I. The museum now traces the shared history and friendship of France and the United States through the years.








 We snapped some quick photos before the boys left for school Thursday morning, and before Adam took the train for Paris for the next leg of his trip.



No comments: