Saturday, May 30, 2009

Gardening

Sometimes the boys "help" me in the yard. Benjamin did some landscaping of his own yesterday. (Those are pieces of wood. I guess they would keep the weeds down.)


See how much Benjamin loves his brother?

Whoops, the camera is still on! Yeah, this one is closer to reality.

Benjamin working in the jungle.


And Noah, just looking cute with his curly hair.
After some more weeding of the retaining wall, and realizing that the snails and slugs were eating all of the new plants Frederic had just put in, I decided to put an end to the destruction by way of slug pellets. Frederic thinks I have a strange aversion to gastropods. But wouldn't you, if you were minding your own business, weeding the garden, and found a snail CRAWLING ON YOUR JEANS?! I don't think I will ever be the same again.

So I spread the slug pellets as I cleaned out the weeds. They work quite well. The only problem is that I now have slug and snail remains all over the wall. Ewwww. So now I can't weed any more until Frederic gets rid of them.

He told me it was my own fault, that "qui sème le vent récolte la tempête." [He who sows wind reaps the storm.] I told him I didn't sow any wind, I sowed slug pellets. He adapted his proverb to, "He who sows poison reaps cadavers." I'm still not picking them up.

2 comments:

Claire said...

Pick up the cadavers and put them in your compost pile! They will decompose eventually. You could even get Benjamin to help...set the cadavers on the cement patio on newspaper, ask him to stomp them, they'll crunch up into tiny pieces and be ready to decompose sooner than if left whole. See?....easy!

Ryan said...

Hey, I have a rap album with a title something like that.