* I'm not a big fan of cheese.
* I prefer Coke to wine. Dr Pepper? Even better.
* I still make "le" and "la" mistakes on a regular basis.
* I don't think root beer tastes like medicine.
* I'll never see the appeal of the movie Les Bronzés or the actor Louis de Funès, and I don't appreciate what passes for "French humor."
BUT... I think I've made great strides towards embracing my citizenship now that I am the proud owner of this:
That's right, a yogurt-maker.
My French friend tells me that makes me a French woman in the '60s, but I'll take what I can get.
So far we've made chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla yogurt. I don't actually like yogurt, so I leave the eating of it to the males of the house, but it's very easy to make, will save us a little bit of money, and we won't be stuck with the weird flavors like coconut or banana they stick in commercial packs of yogurt.