Saturday, March 27, 2010

Planting Time!

It was wet out today but Benjamin was dying to use his very own gardening tools he got yesterday, so our all-weather gardeners braved the elements today to plant carrots. Which reminds me that we need to buy rain/mud boots for Noah.

The carrots are replacing tomatoes in this spot this year. The tomatoes will be up the hill on the other side of the yard. I guess that means I'll have to put shoes on to harvest them this year instead of just slippers since I won't be able to reach them from the patio.


Hard at work with his purple spade.

Noah was in charge of watering. I'm not sure how this worked, I only know that Benjamin changed his shirt when he came inside because his other one was all wet.

Two gardeners having a conference about carrot seeds.

I'm not sure you can tell in the picture, but Noah was spreading dirt in exactly the same way that Frédéric was spreading carrot seeds.

No comments: