Saturday, March 12, 2011

Boys and Baby Dolls

Frédéric, not being an overly macho-type dad, never made much of a fuss when I bought Benjamin a baby doll for his first birthday.

Benjamin used to love to play with his baby doll.

And before Noah came home from the hospital, Benjamin named the baby doll "Noah" and practiced being nice and gentle with it.

Noah, however, is apparently not quite so tender-hearted as his brother, judging by the scene I found this morning.

When I asked him what happened, he told me "Baby got hurt. Needs a band-aid."

Then after he put his tractors and trucks away in the living room as I asked him today, he informed me that he couldn't put the baby away, because "baby doesn't roll."

1 comment:

Top-of-the-Arch said...

Could it be that the "baby" was getting the truck ready for an upcoming race?
Good luck with your home improvement project. Look forward to seeing the "after" photos.
It is sunny and almost in the upper 70s here. We had snow on Sunday night into Monday. Just hope that is the last snow fall :)
Have a good week.
Regards,
TOTA