Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Let them drink wine.

Is there an AA for 3 year olds?

This morning, I was flipping through a grocery home-delivery catalog while the boys were eating breakfast. I got to the Easter candy page, and Benjamin leaned over to say, "For chocolate, I want something big, like this. A fish."

I replied with one of my standard "neither yes nor no" responses, "I bet you do," and turned the page.

Noah, feeling it was his turn to chime in, said, "I want this!"

I was on the page with bottles and bottles and bottles of wine. "You want wine?" I asked him.

"Yes, I want wine," he stated confidently. "I like wine."

Oh dear....

1 comment:

Top-of-the-Arch said...

Could it be that Noah is practicing, ready for career as an owner of vineyard?
It is still sort-of cool here. Hopefully no more snow.
It is a home opener for the Cardinals, so summer should be here soon. (Or not since NHL playoffs will start in two weeks).
Have a good week,
TOTA