Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Field Trip... in a very literal sense

School is finally winding down (it is July, after all!) and the preschool through 5th graders took a field trip... quite literally... through the fields... through the forest... to another field (ok, park, on castle grounds). Since there were no transportation limitations, any parents who wished to were welcome to come along. Benjamin told me I could/should, Noah told me I couldn't/shouldn't, so I went with Benjamin's opinion and joined them.



Here we are on the way back. It was about an hour's walk each way, and the smallest ones (3 years old) were exhausted by the end!

But they had a great time hunting for candy in the forest (hidden earlier by the preschool teacher), and enjoying free play in the park before & after their picnic lunch.

And just look at how gorgeous it is. We feel very fortunate to live where we do.

No comments: