Tuesday, September 6, 2016

English Class

You might wonder what English class is like in French school if you're an English-speaking kid. Wonder no longer...

Benjamin told us about his day at middle school. He had English class today. The teacher asked a question and he said, "I'm sorry, I didn't hear, could you repeat that please?"

She oohed and ahhed, asked where he learned English, and then said she was going to have to kick him out of class because he already spoke English too well.

He told us: "I panicked! I told her no, no, I want to stay and learn the British way to say things so I can understand all types of English. Then she told me she was just kidding. So I flipped out for nothing!"

Ahhh. Only my child... (and Frédéric says: "If it had been me, she wouldn't have had time to finish her sentence before I was out the door!")

No comments: