Sunday, June 11, 2017

June 10th in the garden

Things I love about France: late summer nights. This is how dark it was at 11 pm last night.

Summer is for ice cream.

Sunset... at 9:30 pm.

Potatoes everywhere!

Potato flower.

Noah's corn.

Noah's radishes.

Frédéric's snow peas.

Frédéric's cauliflower.

Zucchini, with flowers under there somewhere.

Cherry tomatoes, the only kind our growing season is long enough for.


And speaking of things in the yard, I made my attempt at helping clean things up by pulling and cutting some of the vines out of the hedge along the back fence.

When I had done enough for the day, I told the boys, "I pulled a whole bag full of vines out of that hedge, and you can't even tell!"
Benjamin replied, "Sure you can. There's not that big branch of avocado anymore."
I said, "Uh... avocado?"
Benjamin came back with further suggestions: "Mango? Lemon? Leeks?"
"You mean the blackberries?" I asked.
Benjamin confirmed, "Oh, yeah, that."

I guess we know who the gardener in the family is NOT. He must take after me.

No comments: