Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Dinnertime Fun

Since most of you don't get to see us very often, you're missing out on all the fun moments of our everyday life... like dinnertime! Benjamin will eat almost anything if Frédéric is the one feeding him, but if I'm offering the food, I have to resort to sneakier methods to entice him to eat. I don't think he thinks much of my cooking skills.

Benjamin enjoying dinner


We'd been resisting letting him feed himself since we weren't quite psychologically ready yet for the mess we knew would ensue, but that has now become one of my secret weapons for getting him to eat. Somehow food is much more inviting if he can put it into his mouth himself with a fork, spoon, or his fingers. This is what that looks like.

Benjamin enjoying dinner

None in the hair (yet!) -- I think we're doing pretty good. He also practices drinking from a cup (non-sippy cup) every chance he gets.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I'm sure it's not your culinary skills, Alisa! (Sometimes Henry goes through weird parent-preference phases in certain departments -- right now he screams like a banshee whenever Ted gives him a bath!) Benjamin looks very happy with his fist full of food -- and how wonderful that he's so well behaved with it!

--Kerrie

Kel-Bel said...

WOW you have him drinking from a regular cup, I'va had Trev eating by hand for ages but at 2 1/2 I'm still worried about the mess of a regular cup.