Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Birthdays

Benjamin's birthday is coming up in December. He will be 4. So we've been talking with him about how we will celebrate his birthday at Grandma and Grandad's house. Tonight our conversation went something like this:

Me: What kind of cake do you want?
Benjamin: Big!
Me: Um... ok... let me rephrase that, what do you want your cake to look like?
Benjamin: Like birthdays!

I started offering some options, and he voted for a train cake, shaking his head and saying "nooo" (like "No, what a silly idea!") to my other suggestions of a truck, a fire truck, and an airplane. He wants this train cake to have four cars since he will be four, and he wants it to be brown, blue, white, yellow, red, black, orange, purple and green. I'd say our pastry chef (Frederic) is going to have his work cut out for him this year!

Then I asked what he wanted for his birthday. Here is his list:
- an airplane
- 2 airplanes
- 4 airplanes
- 5 airplanes
- toys
- a tractor
- a mailbox
- presents

I'm not quite sure what the airplane kick is about. Or the mailbox.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Hey, you name it, there's a toy of it:

toy mailbox
other toy mailbox

Emiley said...

I love his birthday list!