Sunday, June 16, 2013

Living in a French bakery

Yes, that's right, I'm living the dream of many Americans... and many French people, for that matter. Frédéric received a lovely stand mixer from his cousins for his birthday, and he is trying to burn it out before his next birthday.

After many variations, I think we can safely say he has now perfected his baguette recipe.


His brioches aren't bad, either.

The doughnuts still need some work, but no matter, we are happy to taste-test for as long as it takes.

He also makes amazing cinnamon rolls. I'm trying to talk him into opening a food truck on his days off. He's not going for it so far, though, so I guess if you want to try some of his delicious baking, you'll just have to come for a visit.

1 comment:

Dale said...

Next time you're in St. Louis, I'll volunteer for quality control!