Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Such a Helper

Benjamin is getting to that age where he's very "helpful" around the house. Yesterday I was putting away groceries in the kitchen, and he was "helping" me by taking everything he could out of the bags.

This was also yesterday - he was "helping" me with the laundry.
Benjamin helping with laundry

Benjamin helping with laundry

Yesterday when he heard the neighbor's dog barking, instead of saying "dog" like he usually does, he started barking back.

He can also do a fake laugh now. He squints up his eyes, shows his teeth and snickers when he's trying to laugh on purpose to make us laugh. What a ham.

He's added "bath" and "cookie" to his list of new words - two very important things in his life. So far his words are all in English except for the ones for "pacifer" and "lovey", both of which he says in French -- "teu-teut" (pronounced tuh-tut) and "dou-dou" ("doux" means "soft" in French, and "dou-dou" is name for a child's favorite stuffed animal).

1 comment:

Andrea said...

His hair is growing, too! I can't believe how much they change in such a short amount of time. What size is he wearing now? Does he have little tennis shoes? I saw some little tennis shoes on the sidewalk tonight as I was walking to a restaurant...it was bizarre. They were just on the sidewalk. I am guessing the little person they belonged to had removed them w/o their mom's knowledge and dropped them out of their stroller or something. I think you should post more videos of Benjamin...like one of him laughing. Please?