Monday, November 28, 2016

Conversations with Benjamin

Our family Thanksgiving camp is two days. In the car on our way to Montgomery yesterday, Benjamin said: "Two days is not long enough. Why can't it be three days? When I was young, it was three days."

I said, "It's always been two days, for more than 30 years."

He said, "When I was a spirit, it was three days."

I said, "It's always been two days, for more than 30 years."

He said, "When I was a rock, it was three days."

I said, "You have never been a rock."

He said, "Yes, when I was a rock, it was three days."

I said, "Maybe you should write a book about when you were a rock."

He said, "It was very dull. The only exciting part was when I was thrown from hand to hand. So it would be a dull book."

So there you have it.

No comments: