Tuesday, June 21, 2022

25 years later...

I ended up here because I participated in a study abroad program in college. I met some amazing friends that year - 25 years ago now. In 2003, Frédéric and I went to visit one of those friends, Brienne, and her family in California. 

Here we are 18 years after that, and her son has graduated, so she brought him on a trip to France and we got to catch up again! 

Today we visited la Caverne du Dragon, the California plateau, the Vauclair Abbey, and the memorial church in Cerny-en-Laonnois. Benjamin acted as our chauffeur. 

Inside the Dragon's Lair, in memory of the soldiers who didn't make it home

Front lines of World War I

Statues in honor of the soldiers who came from French colonies in Africa

Benjamin, Micah, and me in Vauclair Abbey


Me with Brienne


Medicinal herb garden in the abbey grounds


The California plateau





No comments: