Saturday, June 4, 2022

Quick trip to Paris

Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a fan of big cities, and specifically not of Paris. But my French professor, Dr. Winfred Wright, was coming through with his daughters, my friends Sandi and Sharon, and I couldn't pass up the chance to see them all.

So I left my little countryside train station... (with a 15 minute train delay)

and met up with Sandi, Dr.Wright, Sharon, and Roland and Rose at the church building

Too long since our last visit!

 We enjoyed catching up over a delicious lunch at an Indian restaurant near the church building. 

 I remembered why I can't stand Paris when I left fifty-five minutes before my train home - it should have taken me thirty minutes to get from the church building to the train station - and I made it to the train with about two minutes to spare thanks to a metro line not running, and having to find an alternate (and much longer) route.

No comments: